Sunday, November 27, 2005

internet

I'll be banned for the whole of next week. When i came back today I found a note from the Res office stuck on my door that read 'We've identified you as one of the 32 users who slowed down the internet, blah blah, from day blah to day blah, u used up blah megabytes, and now we give you 500mb limit for this weekend. If you exceed the limit, you'll be banned next week.'

Merci.But I've already exceeded 500mb counting today, so I don't care. I'm going to school library every day next week and enjoy my 1GB wireless allowance. Not that I'm an internet maniac. Uploading stuff to forums took up lots of my bandwidth.

Garnet Crow's 19th single was out on 23rd this month. Not very impressive, not bad either. Still I'm kind of certain they've reached the point of saturation where talents for song writing have stumbled into a deadlock. It can't be helped. This happens for most artists, sooner or later. I love their 1st album best. It's just so classic there'll be no 2nd runner up whatsoever.

Hmm, what have i been doing recently. Ok, I finished my biochem lab report half an hour ago. This's probably the 1st time in my entire life I beat the deadline by a good 3 days in advance. Miraculous! Truth is I'm so stressed up and fed up I don't know when to act, how to act and what to act. So I just try to be more productive and blindly assure myself the days will always shine even if hell freezes over. It helps to have some mental support. When it's hard to find any, I'd start chewing on chocolate and Skittles, hoping to figure something out on my own. And I'd be reminded of tree's quote 'Life's a bitch. Then you die.' or 'Shit does fly'. Along those spicy lines which I have to agree. But everybody survives and so will I.It's just a bad time, or not the right time.

Earthquake in China, 5.7. 14 or so died and hundreds injured. They say there's a major avian flu outbreak again and the government's been hiding it as usual...

quote of day
'Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go everywhere.'
It so often appears I can't trace the original. I doubt it's from Jim Steinman.

And coz of my sudden sentimentality for the earlier days of GARNET CROW, I decided to play their 1st song ever. Back in 1999, when they weren't known by anyone, they released this mini yet orginal-flavoured 6-track album 'First Kaleidscope' under the independent label 'Tent House'. It sounds so raw and happy. I miss it just like that old rusted bicycle rested against the wall. I didn't make that up. It's from the album booklet.



Lyrics Translations from Ryuichi's Jpop Station

Kimi no Uchi ni Tsuku made Zutto Hashitte Yuku
- I keep running till I reach your house

Vocal & Song: Yuri Nakamura
Lyrics: Azuki NANA

Changing to my new coat
I change my mood and go dashing out
The times I spend apart from you
I'm quickly overcome by a blue mood

Even living carries no meaning
And I feel as if there's nothing of value
I find myself deeply moved by flowers blooming in the wild
Because they live in such safety

I'd planned to keep running till I reach your house
Let's just fall down and play like puppies
For all of today and tomorrow, look only at me
If we get hungry, let's phone out for some pizza, wow~

Your mind sometimes seems like a maze
A careless feeling that puts me in a silly mood
Even so, I'm a creature that feels lonely on my own
And I want to see you soon

If I could see your smile, I'd cheer up quickly
Is such a simple routine happy...?
Something was wrong with me for passing time in confusion
If I ever start to forget again, sing that song, wow~

Don't worry everyone
We lived for when we come home
Everything, anyway
Anywhere we think of fondly can be a starting point
Starting up brand new day
I'll share them with you
Follow you now... through

Maybe someday, woo baby
And we'll be sleeping with the TV on
Good night, good night for you

I wanna stay together, woo darling
To lovin' that all last forever
Good night, good night for you


ps. And it's one of the rare songs Azuki NANA gives happy lyrics for. This woman usually dumps in lots of depressive and impressionistic words and her explanation was 'I'd put in death themes to satisfy myself'.

No comments: