Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Newsbits, emu, love

Started to ponder (PONDER) the meaning of love last night before I went to bed. Don't laugh. It's completely random but I don't think I ever understand it. I'm so protective of myself and narcissistic I never seem to, or so far, love anyone with a pure intention. Desires or an animal instinct to reproduce to maximum advantage can muddle immensely. I deem these preliminary, honest but superficial but won't you agree instincts work simpler than any attempted demystification of what we coined as 'love'... Eskimos have 50 different words for snow but never a general term for 'snow'. We on the other hand alternate among 'like', 'detest', 'love', 'no chemistry', a handful of descriptions that state the nature of relationships. And after all 'love' is an overused term we get too used to. Too complicated. How can I be so selfless as to transcend that emotion. Not coz you have a pretty face, the distance between your eyebrows and eyes is just right, your voice, your fickle caring nature, you virtually my half blood, your habits I know too well, your secrets I don't venture, your half physical contact, you filling up my vanity, your naivety the foundation of my superiority. I don't want any of that. I just want someone who can open the door for me. Show me kindness.



Emu, an opportunistic, normadic, huge bird native to Australia. Looks like ostrich.

Image: Rodent sperm
These images show the hooklike heads of rodent sperm cells, and how they can hook together to create a speedier "train" for fertilization of the egg.

Rival sperm hooks up and cooperate mouse sperms have hooks and they form a train swimming towards the egg.

Does He Love You So? Maybe It Really Is In His Face - Physiognomy (the attribution of personality to faces)

Google video - Bermuda Triangle

TED2006 conference(Only available online)
TED2006 - annual conference that marks the convergence of three industries (Technology, Entertainment and Design). The world's leading thinkers come here for inspiration.The film includes appearances by Al Gore, Tony Robbins, Clifford Stoll, TEDtalks hit speaker Hans Rosling, Matt Groening, Peter Gabriel, Sergey Brin, Larry Page, Meg Ryan, the string quartet Ethel, veteran TEDster Jim Young, 11-year-old violinist Sirena Huang, Thomas Dolby, Eva Vertes, Jehane Noujaim, Reed Hastings, and yours truly, not to mention great shots of the Main Hall and the Simulcast lounge.

No comments: