Thursday, January 18, 2007

Daily report

My internet was cut three days ago since the residence staff were fixing the lines and disconnected 170+ rooms for this purpose. It's unfair the way they counted our bandwidth. For one I live in a double room so they should divide the number. Two my IP address keeps changing. I discovered this while I tried to download a file from megaupload and out popped a message that said 'Your IP adress xxxx has already downloaded 500mb'. No way!!

Just back from physic tuition... if not for the sake of my lab supervisor I wouldn't have taken this tuition. I might have misguided and jeopadised budding science prodigies... Spent two hours scanning through a chapter on Einstein's special relativity theory, ate my dinner, hopped on subway and there I sat through two hours talking to my student about RELATIVITY!! 'You know, you can't apply your intuitive thinking when it comes to relativity. It's all based on a theory' a theory, a theory, what next? My brain split in two, one half kept on rambling about 'no intuition' rule, the other screamed and scrambled for more 'zhu's skin deep understanding of E=mc2'.

Ever heard of 'The Twins Paradox'? Something new I learnt today, a crash course.
inertial/non-inertial frame, proper time, length contraction, time dilation. These are the keywords but I won't contaminate your brain further.

No comments: