Saturday, July 21, 2007

Touch of Pink

is a gay, witty, smart, melancholic movie with a fabulous soundtrack and warming to the heart. It's a humble and charming film buried under its soapy pink skin. I'd definitely recommend it.

The soundtrack!!!

imdb profile
Offcial site

Indians and drama are inseparable, one and the same in my conventional thought (especially after reading Ondaatje's running in the family). Mostly because they have such eye-popping extensive family relations that provide fodder for gossips and paparazzi. As of personal note, I like movies with 'imaginary friends' in it =) Here's one with Cary Grant, a figure out of 60s classics which makes it all the more fun to watch. I'm sure I'd enjoy it more if I knew where all the quotes and inferences are drawn.

And guess what, most of the film was shot in Toronto and the wedding was taken at Casa Loma. So funny seeing in on screen.

Trailer (doesnt show the whole picture coz it accents on romantic comedy)



Alim and his imaginary friend Cary Grant

Funny quotes
Nuru: Laughter is the very best medicine, hmm?
Alim: Then I must be in the placebo group.

Nuru: [upon seeing how tight Alim's jeans are] No, the trousers are not fine. I can read your... credit card number.

No comments: