Thursday, July 19, 2007

Orangy girl

concept piece for another drawing


Self-remark: Hair is hedious. Shoes make me sad.

I was coloring from top down and somewhere along the way, to my great shock all my layers disappeared O_O And I was blending in background and outlines when I reached the shoes. That explained for the weird colors.

After consulting online tutorials, I figured out the most important start-up tip is to make your scan large. If you're drawing a 500x500px piece, color on a 1000x1000 scan at least. And I finally found where smudge tool is. Although the effect is close to finger painting, it's still not as real as working on medium in painter. You have that 'blurry' effect after all.

Ya said her first impression of 'despondency' is 'Why are the flowers in the fish's anus'?
- Nice...

No comments: