Thursday, July 12, 2007

New York City

The first beat sets the time rolling and I feel I age more at night. What a feeling. I remembo.

Minor updates on my life which nevertheless make me re-evaluate the importance of friends.

I was given the 'first assignment' (as Gang points out) to purchase office desktops for the company. These are the keywords I googled to no avail: 'desktop knowledge', 'desktop info', 'computer hardware'. The amount of junkie information rushes in and tires my eyes out. Frustration was steaming through my scalp as I lamented how blank I was in the field of computer. Lazy and little nervous, I consulted a couple friends who are much better technies. After hearing a basketful of advice and beginner's tutorials in choosing hardwares, I finally narrowed the options down to a fingerful. I'm grateful to all your kindness. 那个啥,在外靠朋友是自古名言啊。

Haven't watched TV for ages. I switched it on and hearing other people's conversations actually calmed me down. How weird was that? Flipped through the channels and settled down on Conan O'Brien. I didn't recognize the guest at first, whose side profile looked like an average, clean-shaven English man. But guess what? It's Daniel Radcliffe! I wanted to catch order of phoenix today but guess will wait till Tuesday when tickets are cheaper. I've never seen Radcliffe in an interview before. This young gent is actually very outgoing and talkative, even made good attempts at making fun of Conan's 'beautiful hair'. When they flashed a young Harry Potter (back in the first movie) on the big screen, the audience went 'awwww' (melancholic purring at Radcliffe's chubby faces and soft hair, and HUGE ROUND glasses which seem oversize for his puppy eyes). And Radcliffe slapped his hand on his knee and said 'O, THAT is unnecessary!' Everyone laughed away. It was a good show. He sure has grown up a lot and he sounds very mature for his age.

I finally traded my air mile points for a 100 dollar future shop gift card. Hurray!

2 comments:

GG said...

how many air miles do you have?? 100 bucks future shop gift card!!!!!

Jade said...

what's 'office desktops' in the first place?? and i thought computers are just computers.. so fuza :P

conan!! daniel!! ahhhhh so good to be able to see them ON BIG FREAKIN TV (instead of tubie)! and oh, how about use that 100 bucks to buy a...new deskie?! hoho