Sunday, October 26, 2008

7 Star Hotel

Slept fitfully for less than five hours and woke up two minutes before alarm for fear of oversleeping-missing exam-throwing 250 bucks away. The morning test was so boring I kept drifting into daydreams of getting a ticket to TO and travelling up Montreal to see Rufus (sorry he's not home). This actually sent me grinning in the middle of an exam. O I can't believe myself... but with Xmas in the air the itch to 回娘家 has spread into an inflaming mosquito bite...wow, mental simulations are joyous free rides! Need I tell anyone the gloomy fate of having the last alphabet at the start of a surname...I ended up in the last interview shift which requires 4 hours of waiting! And I wandered the streets of downtown, and wandered, and wandered...in retrospect, I might as well sleep on 98B-line and let it loop three rounds.

When it was my turn, the interviewer did a name check and! she pronounced my name perfect!I asked if she studied Chinese. She said she lived in China before and is still taking Chinese courses at SFU. Good for ye!

Right~ hotel ratings! I might be hopelessly obsolete.It's the first time I ever heard of '7 Star'. Lizzie (a co-worker who's an interior designer) described this Arabic hotel equipped with gold coated washroom. That includes taps, and to my disgust, toilet bowls(first thing popping to mind is 黄金大便). Turned out hotel rating hasn't been unified internationally.Anyway, local comparisons seem more practical.

The renowned,self-claimed?, world's only 7 Star hotel standing as of present
- Burj al arab! (tower of arab), designed by Tom Wright

It's shaped like a 'V' sail and stands on an artificially constructed offshore island.

Deluxe accommodation comes at deluxe price!
The cost of staying in a suite begins at $1,000 per night; the Royal Suite is the most expensive, at $28,000 per night.

***
Saw the Japanese version of Catcher in the Rye, translated by 村上春树.I was just...huh?

2 comments:

YayADuCK said...

zhu o, i'm planning to go back home after x'mas, maybe we can see each other in suzhou!!!
btw, i think that's not the only 7 star hotel in the world. i've read an article about all the high class hotels worldwide before, there are many more actually, should be more than 5.

Z said...

Hehe we'll be able to meet for sure =D Wiki says it's the only 7 star and lots others are still under construction. I know there're some 6 stars in china...