Monday, February 11, 2008

Run with little doggie to where the sun sets in the far west

This's a record setting entry with the longest title!

Last week I took my friend's doggie Bobo out for her afternoon walk. I find it funny how humans domesticate dogs for centuries but no matter how docile they've become, they still have an incurable itch for the wild wild nature. Look at this little thing circling around me: the minute I took out the dog chain (not even setting foot outside the door yet), she jumped at my leg and barked in joy. Who let the dogs out? - Me (today exclusive)

I'd love to let her off the leash if only for the 30min freedom she's entitled to as a dog, a dog dog, a particular creature with a tiny moist nose that twitches and smells anything everything from tree trunks to puddles to soiled grass. So instead of granting her unleashed freedom, I ran with her at dog speed - which I'm ashamed to admit, out competes me by a good stretch. I was soon panting and felt a thin film of steamy sweat climbing up my back and radiating off heat through my thick down jacket. This happy little thing swinging her furry round dog butt, swaggering in front of me, dawdling among the bushes refusing to proceed - I envy her! Then I deliberately picked up speed and ran down the lane. She was tucked at the neck and ran beside me boisterously. We were dashing towards the other side of asphalt road where dark woods were silently drenched in orange sunset. The air was damp and slightly chilly, with scents of barks and wet soil. Night was falling without a sound. A moment of solitude with a dog whose only presence I felt, was a reassuring tug of weight through the leash into my hand. 'I don't know what it is.'

It was a fine day.


Riding off into sunset - Merci, La fin.


A convenience store opposite the bus stop where I was waiting


This tree reminds of Magritte's Empire of light, see below. The photo was adjusted coz it was too dark. It exuded a foreboding presence.




I'm rather proud of my current tea set XD Totally going English.


Bobo nestled in my bean couch

1 comment:

YayADuCK said...

damn! you have so many cute stuff!