Thursday, July 31, 2008

Here it comes again

Jobless freelancer (that's me) reporting back on her mundane life.Here goes!

First line: are you aware when you're staring at the stars, the distant cosmos, that you're actually looking at the past? Since the light that gets reflected on your retina is emitted light years away and there's a beautiful time delay. That said, present is an illusion.

Here's my health food concoction, a mix of melons, fungi and carotenoids.Truth be told, I haven't cooked for a whole week.


Dear desk is back in place!


Here comes again, the annual celebration of light or firework competition here in Vancouver. The participants this year are Canada, US and China. We waited till 10pm when it's dark enough to set the stage.





Unlike previous year where gigantic blooms were set against grandiose theme, today's would be what I call a delicately crafted piece of fine musical. They used a medley of traditional chinese music, Harry Potter theme,and Castle of Sky (Ghibli). Interesting isn't it? I did film the whole event but the pathetic camera wasn't built for videotaping. Sparks were overly saturated and you couldn't even tell their colours. Here's the last few minutes of stunning, maniac closure. I guess they just tossed the leftover bombs and called it a day.



The winner will be announced this Saturday at the finale. And there's a gay parade going on Sat as well. I will go and grab some photos...of nudes.

And it's been a year since I came to this city, which I'm leaving.

2 comments:

Tony said...

That's spectacular! How I wish I were there!

Z said...

Pity... But I'm sure you'll come back to vancouver one day XD