Friday, January 13, 2006

blogging about blogs

There's a general change in my blogging style as I've come to notice after scanning through past entries... The contents I blog now are less interesting. I've lost my sense of humour. Mysteriously dissipated. Is it because of 3rd year or just me?

I told Jady several months ago, as we started on a strange conversation called 'exchange a secret' aka girlie talk... I thought for a while and said 'Okay here's my secret. I have a private blog not listed in my blogger profile.' Jady replied 'I have so many such blogs I even lost track of them.' So it wasn't supposed to be a secret. A week ago I stared at my no-big-deal private blog where only 4 tiny entries were found and had the sudden urge to erase them all. I did and it's gone. When it's gone, I started to recall why it was there in the first place and I couldn't think of a reason.
On 2nd thought what I typed a second ago was a habitual lie because there has always been a reason. Honesty could be unthinkably timid. Therefore it wouldn't blend.

On Wikipedia: This fever is obviously passed down from tree... Thanks to her wikipedia has now become my 2nd favourite right after Google. And just when did my friends start calling me 'Google Queen'???!

A personal lesson on what Google cannot do -
We were walking back from the grocery store and Guizi started humming a tune. A very short but familiar tune. 3 seconds long, so simple and familiar it gives you an ITCH! Where is it from? Commercial? Children's song? We've heard it hundreds of times before but we just couldn't name it! After repeated truncated self mumbling such as 'what is...?', 'what the hell, is it...?' 'no, it's...?' 'o, yes, err, no...' Guizi couldn't stand it anymore and gave me one of the most ironic comments I've ever heard.
'Sorry you can't Google that.'
...

It would be great if Google coule have an extra function called 'Google sound'. There's Google news, goolge image, google earth... so why not Google sound??

2 comments:

jeremy said...

'Sorry you can't Google that.'

Ha, that's a good catchphrase.

Well...I think people's styles tend to change over time. It's probably a little of both...being your 3rd year and yourself changing a bit.

I still don't think I could use Wikipedia for historical papers....

Z said...

Sometimes I doubt the authenticity of Wikipedia since the information is compiled by 'everyone' per se. It's great for general knowledge and basic facts but for academic reference, historical papers or science papers, Wikipedia's not a good choice.