Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Ayano Tsuji

NPR : Ayano Tsuji, Playing a Delicate Instrument

Ayano Tsuji is the singer who performed the theme song in the animated film 'The Cat Returns'. Very clean crystalline voice acoompanied by a typical Hawaiian instrument ukelele.

Ayano Tsuji poses with her ukulele.

Ayano Tsuji and her ukulele.

Weekend Edition - Saturday, January 21, 2006 · The Japanese music industry, dominated by J-pop and girl rock, can be fairly stifling. But there are alternatives, and one of them is a singer, songwriter and ukelele player named Ayano Tsuji. In high school, she loved folk music, but found her hands were too small to play guitar. So she turned to the ukulele.

2 comments:

jeremy said...

That sounds really interesting Zhu, I'd like to hear it if you want to send it.

Maybe I can dig up some music to send to you this weekend.

Z said...

Thanks Jeremy!!
I'm downloading her albums and it's slooooooooooooww. I'll send you the only one song I have now lol ^^