Saturday, June 21, 2008

8 days a week

Dream recording, early morning of a Saturday

I had a long, tedious dream which was abruptly cut by my bladder outburst. I vaguely reasoned if I don't go washroom, all the poisons in my pent-up urinaries will inevitably invade the blood stream. After emptying the load, I started to recall the bizarre mental states.

It started with Darren Hayes appearing on prime time news. His caretaker (who doesn't resemble Richard I'm afraid) died from fatigue and Darren was very upset. Then they started showing a trailer of his upcoming movie, a suspense thriller. 'Isn't it weird the trailer's already out while the movie's still shooting?' After a few mental jumps we concluded Darren murdered his caretaker to get the publicity.We immediately formed a private investigation team on the spot. The team consists of, as I dutifully recall, two guys who resemble my dinner partners last night, Esther sama, my supervisor and myself. Those two guys do little but quarrel while Es works quietly in front of a table in a crowded attic. She's forever bending over and busy taking notes. We call out to her 'Esther' upon entering the room - she replies 'Smith' without turning back or looking over her shoulder. After a few rounds we decided we must change the secret code on a frequent basis. 'Smith' is no doubt, too simplistic and insecure. An atmosphere of distrust is brewing among our partnerships and we started to pick on each other.

Here comes the climax. After an information exchange session, my supervisor added 'I work on Thaisday.' We were silenced. Before anybody questioned the word 'Thaisday', I jeered at him 'Ha, so you're secretly working another day between Tuesday and Wednesday.' An uproar followed on heel.

And in brand new daylight, I started to wonder if I have been missing Thai food lately or am I suffering from idleness craving for work and a few extra bucks? And there in my busy dream state, I was tremendously contented that I was able to figure out Thaisday, the hidden 8th day of the week like a bonus track on a limited edition CD.

No comments: