Thursday, October 06, 2005

song of week

This's the song that on first listening, tasted like plain water, dull and easily forgotten. It's a mystery when and how I came back to it with a brewing plethora of feelings. Her voice so clean and somber, touches me to no end. Sen ijou no kotoba wo narabetemo - even lining up a thousand words. There're still things left unsaid and can never be expressed. But funny how everything started with all but one word.

Even Lining Up A Thousand Words
Lyrics by Azuki Nana
Song by Yuri Nakamura
Eng. translation adapted from Ryuichi's Jpop Station

Cutting my hair at the park
I gathered up the fallen locks
You smile, and touch my cheek
Looking up, we saw a vapor trail

It's strange
That there could be such a peaceful ending
Your voice calling my name is so gentle
And I don't want to leave you

I guess I'll watch that overdue video
I think I'll try to feel
something in you I've never known up till this moment

Even if you were to line up a thousand words
There are some things that can never be expressed
Even though there are some things that will start
From all but a single word

It will be like planting a flowerless tree
And looking up at the blue sky
As we entwine and wriggle
On the full branches


Your back as you wait for the bus
I'll be seeing you off today for the last time
I'll smile, just like that day
I'll wave, just like when we met

I'll be waiting for you from tomorrow on
And I'll spend a too quiet time with myself alone
I'll miss you a little bit until I get used to it

Even if you were to line up a thousand words
There are some things that can never be expressed
Even though there are some things that will end
With all but a single word

Memories of our two seeds
That could not go on living in the same soil
Spreading our hands
We'll go on watching each other from afar

No comments: