Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Down time

Today is my recurring, neurotic down time. It might be easy to know what I'm expected of next day, the run-of-the-mill daily operations. What later? What in a month, a year? I'm looking at a fifty something mentally robust male finally entitled to a cup of Starbucks coffee (no sugar) after hell breaking quarter end battle. They say smaller guys have bigger ego. Sometimes I think he does, or is it typical of all human beings who deem themselves worthy of respect and professional appraisal. Look. A family, kids going(or planning to go) med school. Title's Chief Financial Officer. Strapped with insurances,bonds and earthly income generous enough to afford the family and a car. Would I be contented if I have what he has. I don't know, but I don't envy him. Where is true happiness outside of materials. I'm still finding my own niche. There's a long struggle before 'Eden'.

But first of all, I need a proper desk in my room.

No comments: