Friday, November 23, 2007

Diesel 'Holographic' Fashion

http://www.adverfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/diesel_logo_big.jpg

This's my first post on fashion. I'm not in any way fashion conscious, not a brand follower either but to put myself in a self-learning environment is rather fun. The logistics behind apparel manufacturing is complex and dynamic. The marketing part is more appealing to me.

Today's topic is 'Diesel', big money ripper. It's an Italian based brand founded by Renzo Rosso and the target group is teenagers and young adults. The core of its products is Jeans.

Style keywords: individualistic, unconventional, an image reinforced by aggressive campaigning (Diesel 'walls', Diesel music contests, Diesel propaganda etc.) and an innovative design team.

Here's their website. I particularly liked their gallery. Interesting flash.

The most recent campaign 'Liquid World' borrows a futuristic theme with deep sea creatures and cyborgs. I'm not sure if it's 'hologram' after reading one of the comments saying the images are projected onto a transparent screen between the stage and audience. There's another pioneer model-less hologram show coming in New York. I guess it's like watching a 3D animation.

No comments: