Monday, September 10, 2007

Galaxy of love

'Remember to submit the SIN card and death certificate in order to prevent fraud' - notice of security for the deceased.

'Death certificate' struck me as foreign but in second thought, if there's birth cert, surely there's death cert, as morbid as it might sound. Then there's also marriage cert and college diploma. We have so many IDs along the rite of passage. Why does it feel so daunting and unwelcome?

Bought a lot of Body Shop creams and lotions for my mum. The problem is, my mum seldom (almost never = seldom) opens and uses gifts. 'A gift' in her definition is to remain packaged and 'gift-giving-able' so she could give it to someone else when the occasion comes. Not even something I handpicked for her would escape her conventional gift filtering system. They do it all the time and the practice totally annoys me. I left a sticker note saying it's FORBIDDEN that she gives those cosmetics away. If I ever find out she does that again, I might as well stop buying gifts. Still they might question why I never bring gifts home. In the past I said I was using their money anyway but someone would remind me 'The gesture is more important even if the money's not yours'. I've never meant it as 'gesture' but if you give it away, you've made it a 'gesture'. What a stubborn funny family.

Two 'thank-you' postcards I mailed to the immigration lawyers. Just wanna keep a soft copy since the design is elegant. I have to mention my work permit expires before my study permit. How ironic is that.


Deers make great appearance in paintings. They're mystic docile beautiful animal!


- The asphalt path in front of my house. The air in Richmond is distinctively refreshing, even better than Toronto. Doesn't take too much effort to appreciate it. But due to extensive use of organic fertilisers (commonly known as shit or dung)in surrounding agricultural fields, weak stench lingers in early morning air, not to the extent I have to hold my breath count to 10 and make a beeline to the office.Still my friend plainly stated 'Richmond stinks'. Alright. She described (no citation) how specialized gliders spread fertiliers in late night and it's not safe to take a breather out the balcony at that time. However my landlord proudly told me 'Richmond is the healthiest city to live in Canada.', something she came across in the newspaper (no citation either).


Decorated the wall this Saturday (hazy effect due to shaky hands) . I laughed to death after revising Jady's photo, how she stole brooms from nuns and pretended to swipe a leafless ground when we visited the garden. Or that time I went to the zoo with Gang. We looked very happy in the photo. It's amazing how that happiness sips through the digital pixels. I also took a lot of photos for guizi before, many of them I consider masterpieces! Narcissistic me speaking.

4 comments:

YayADuCK said...

为啥没有偶的照片!

GG said...

nice wall of photos zhu!! and that 7/8 of my face is the second biggest of'em all, just after yours!!
that trip to the zoo left lots of happy memories, especially when i see your funny pictures XDDD (hem sorry for being so mean...)

Z said...

Hey ya actually there is one, but too hazy you can't see. It's a group photo of us making dumplings for xmas remember? I don't have individual shot with you or else I'd post it.

Gang you should take a look at Jady's photos, even funnier! Guess we're both not so photogenic people who try our best to pose (but to the opposite effect).

Jade said...

wat! i didn't see this last comment--i wasn't even TRYING to pose~~! HMPH...xD. me never photogenic (u dun belong in this category however) and too self-conscious for photos anyways, so thanks loads for catching the striking-the-bell white-eye shots and put it up...only to haunt yourself. ;)