Monday, November 20, 2006

About being gay

I was humming 'truly madly deeply' in a shower and that reminds me of Darren Hayes all of a sudden. Jady told me he was married to a guy in London. It's funny I've never suspected his sexuality during that time Savage Garden was active. But right now if you put him and Daniel Jones side by side in a picture perfect pose, I WILL think of something. Maybe it's intentional, is it not. But Daniel (being one of the richest man in Australia) is happily married to a petite looking gal and Darren comes out of his closet still a bit nervous about all the publicity associated with his stardom. His partner is a funny looking animator who Darren claims to be an 'even, happy man who's not impressed by my credit card and who totally levels me out.' Fans should be happy Darren has a comfortable place to return to after he happens to spend a wretched day in studio.

He mentioned something about being gay which's very true. You can share clothes, be even on a lot of things. Even dependency. The decision of 'being together' should be treated with a lot of respect. It should rightfully be more personal than social although we so often confine it under various circumstances. Strange dilemma.


WHO magazine photo, from http://www.darrenhayesnet.com/news.html

No comments: