Friday, May 13, 2005

compulsive over achiever

'Our compulsive translator translated until he passed out'...
'I was bored and there was the raws, I felt compelled to translate everything, and ahhh, it felt so good. I worked day and night and it was finally done.'
'And I was bedridden...'

I don't know whether to laugh, sympathize or just nod my head in agreement when I read the above lines from a translation project team. That's exactly what I did last night, from 9pm all the way to 4am until I thought I'd about to pass out writing the stoopid review. That's been a bad habit recently. If I ever start doing something I like, I'd stick to my seat until I see the end, either the end of myself or the end of the stuff I was writing. That's why the holiday-euphoria me who's supposed to be all relaxed still look like one under high exam stress. Pimples, unattended hairstyle, and twelve o'clock shadows. And school's about to start in 3 days. I can't go back in this battered condtion.

I think I'd better ride the Grey Hound back to Toronto TMR!! Sooner the better. Awww I dun wanna ever look at my huge mountains of luggage. I don't understand why my luggage's always huger than my friends'. I mean ALWAYS, sec school, JC, just can't have enough of it. What's going on. Do I produce so much trash?

When I looked in the mirror this morning, I suddenly found myself funny looking. Not sure which feature on my face is funny, but it IS funny. Then I tried to recall whether I've made any jokes of myself recently. No... I've been humble for a while.

Jady's 'hypercube' science blog has an article on the differences b/w male and female brains. I can't help grumbling about their use of the word 'inferiority or superiority' for that matter. It's perfectly fine to accept the fact that males are better in spacial perception or the fact that they're easily aroused coz of hypersensitive hypathalamus region or not, it's just not right to rate strenghs as inferior/superior. A strength is a strength. We just have to bring out the full potentials of our inbuilt biological abilities. And if I ever hear a male commenting on females being 'inferior' biologically, I'm just gonna smirk at him 'Are you threatened or what, dim wit?'.

I'm hungry...

No comments: