Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The first adrenalin surge that starts a journey

I watched national geographic's production 'inside the living body' and sort of reviewed some of the basic physio knowledge which should've stayed with my neural circuit after 3 years of college education, but obviously it slipped out. Like, I can't remember superior vena cava, or peristalsis, or pyloric sphincter, or that bone ear that's spelt with a 'c' something lea. All i can say is, OMG.

Everything's in the title. Our journey starts with the first adrenalin surge that pumps awake a complicated ensemble of engines. My second biggest impression is the last thousand sperms that make it to the egg. The electronic image or whatever image it is showing swarmps of sperms scattering and streaming out like silver dots in a milky way is quite something.

There're also abundant video footage of wet pre-poo being squeezed into big intestines...

And stomach churning out something close to shit...

And this bloody science documentary actually makes me a bit depressed and morbid. I consciously avoided watching benjamin button and turned to something bookish and now wat?! = =

road exam tmr, wish it could be over in no time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to watch 'wet pre-poo being squeezed into big intestines..'!! *squeal*! I think I'd definitely prefer that over big hollywood quasi sci-fi... xD

Jokes aside--all the best for tomorrow!!