Sunday, May 13, 2007

The border

The past few nights were rich with nightmares and fantasies that in afterthought, impressed even myself on the conscious level. Too bad I can only recount fragments of eclipses.

The night before
I was back in middle school except class demography changed completely but it was trivial in a dream. We were studying something like black magic and astrology and in an assignment we were asked to map out the guardians of the earth. Collin said he wanted to see the 'border' just to convince himself. He disappeared into the map and reappeared near the 'border', where a huge flood and hurrican swept out the coast of what I took to be Chicago. Desperate humans were writhing in the storm. Etheral figures dominated the sky and slaughtered each other in a brutal battle. The stars were out and everywhere else was devoured in blue tides. That's the 'border', the door the separtes earth from another dimension. Collin was defaithed and lost all sense of purpose it seemed he was to be trapped there for eternity. He promised to come back but he never did and so we decided to bring him back from the border. I met the silent man, who resembled the 'pale man' from Pan's Labyrinth. There were cemeteries and ancient ruins along the way. I woke up before I reached the border. That was a very long dream.

Rewind one more day
Either my father or my cousin slaughtered the last T-rex which made sudden appearance in our house. We were relieved the last trace of meance was gone but to my utter horror, a strawberry shaped red head started to grow on my door. It had a slitted mouth and triangular teeth. I had the ominous feeling it would bud into a full grown T-rex. (Something like Jurassic park when they realized the genes were mixed up with amphibians. They could breed!) I thought the only resort is to FRY it. So I plucked it from the door and dipped it into an oily frying pan. The ball expanded into a 'sheet' which kept popping up the oil surface. I had to push it down again and again until I was convinced of its death. The story switched to vampires. Something happened that made us suspect a group of relatives were abnormal. We asked 'This is the normal time you wake up?'. They replied they went to sleep at dawn. We were alarmed. Later on I got help from a traitor of that group, who assited me in escaping. I don't remembered if I managed to escape in the end...

No comments: