Monday, April 10, 2006

Departure

ET's probably already at the airport looking around for the right terminal, find it, go to the super long queue and be stuck in it for an hour or so. Em, if you ever visit again next time, I'll sure be a better host and hopefully I'll have a bigger room so I won't stomp or trample over you everytime I try to squeeze through the half open door. Yes, tian xia wu bu san zhi yan xi (please check your spellings your highness), a famous and useful Chinese saying which literally means 'there's an end to everything', so we depart, and look forward to the next time we meet. And thanks for all the wonderful memories. That day when we were throwing pebbles into Ontario lake in blissful sunshine (but chilly wind), I thought, this is probably what's left behind, memory of pure joy and happy days, all the more reasons to lament 'Oh, those were the days, when we were still young' next time we got back together. I sometimes have an urge to get out of this place whenever I see the lake, the sky. Not belonging anywhere but to one's own destination and purpose in life.

At 3pm, sun's still high, my room brightly lit. I look at the spot where ET sama's temporary bed was orginally placed but is now gone and therefore leaving an empty space behind. It is indeed very empty, very strange. I hope the Magnotta wine we bought from the falls won't turn into vinegar by the time I reach the last drop.

5 comments:

jeremy said...

It sounds like you had a good time with lots of memories then, something for the sentiments. That's good.

Nice piece of writing too :-)

Most native English speakers can't write that eloquently.

Jade said...

nice, nice..pebbles and lake..sunshine and wine..life is good, even if only for these few moments..(now this has got me sentimental..)

Z said...

^^ sentimental eh?
We had a great time, although most of the time ET-sam was 'self-generating' fun (as she said it).

Anonymous said...

SObz..................
how wonderful....
this feeling that i have made an impression.....
my life is now complete....

*tears in eyes *
I want those wonderful days back again.....

Z said...

Yes, wonderful days, wonderful food. Good luck with new school term ES! *gloating*