Wednesday, June 08, 2005

from an old alumnus



You might think it's nonsensical, this unexpected email. Someone saw a pen in my pencilcase and asked about it. I remembered you gave it to me, and the old memories came back. How are you now?

I don't remember the pen. But I remember the old times. I rememberd a story about the pen I lent to you. We both liked to spin our pens but you were so unskilled you almost broke the one I gave you. I complained in the weekly journal how you tortured my pen and the teacher said something in class after she finished marking those journals. 'Someone lent her pen to a friend who has the habit of spinning pens and almost broke it. But the funny thing is, she also loves to spin pens and yet she's complaining about it. ' I laughed as I typed this. Do you still remember?Do you still spin pens now? For me, I can't concentrate on my work unless I spin it.

What does it look like, the one lying in your pencilcase?

No comments: