Wednesday, June 22, 2005

damn euthymides

My beloved history of greek art. Again!! Feel the urge to blog/complain about the misleading slide id. test. Now I know why it's 'beloved' greek art. This one-sided obsession is never repaid in due respect. T_T history of art loves me not. How can an artist dead for centuries still trick me into tagging that mysterious pottery to someone else. This 'notorious' Euthymides! I didn't even pay attention to this artisit coz I only know one pottery work of his ,'the three revelers' - to put it simply, a very much hilarious scene of three guys dancing. And the unknown slide given to us has three figures in it as well! But how can '3' be of any great help? I never knew Euthymides drew scenes related to Dionysus, satyrs, maenades and such! And I got the impression it must be Amasis painter. They always draw wine gods and the like. Ahh, Euthymides, you fickle artist, why did you switch genre? And somehow still stuck on your good old threesome composition??? I felt like I've just bought some bogus bootie with a whole month's salary.

Romans have great bath buildings. I envy them. They sure know how to enjoy life...

No comments: