Tuesday, March 15, 2005

shadow of ghost

I got a letter today, from poetry.com, to which i submitted that valentine poem i wrote in feb. It was a long way back and I almost forgot everything about it. And now it popped up and told me that poem was chosen to be published in their anthology called 'eternal portraits', a collection of amateur poems and it was entered into semifinal contest I'm pretty glad about it since it comes as a nice surprise. Later after the excitement receded, i felt stupidly childish all over. It's merely a trick to reap more money out of innocent naive pple like me. they ask you to preorder the book which has a page specially devoted to you that kind of crap. What if u dun order, it'll never appear! And you won't know it will ya? It's really just scam that feasts on a moment of vanity and greed. But i really hate their way of doing it. Coz pple do want to be recognized for their talents and those blood suckers live on that false satisfaction they inject into hungry preys. What a dirty world.
Well it's a precious lesson learnt. I still enjoy reading random poetries written by amateurs on poetry.com. About the contest, well, to hell with it.

No comments: