Wednesday, March 23, 2005

dai

Do as infinity - Heart
really nice song, exotic, a light touch of arabian colours there, and 'daladalala' sounding guitar rhythms makes the song very crispy n funky.
Samurai champloo ended. Strangely I dun feel an important part of me being taken off this time around. Usually upon reaching the end of almost anything, a novel, a manga, a drama, I'd feel someone brutally steals away half of my soul so i'd be in a daze for a long time before coming to terms with that shadow that finally walks out of my life. But this time around, I'm fulfilled in a way. Nostalgic nevertheless because the ever so wonderful discussion forum - swords n sunflowers r probably gonna dissemble soon. A group of champloo lovers, some intellectual, some humourous, some sentimental, gather together for the expanse of the journey travelled by our lovely characters mugen jin and fuu, and as the series ended, polite participants who never see each other before (assume) slowly leave one by one, carrying with them good memories. Maybe episode so and so, or the queer behavioursof this and that. How nice it is, I always thought. That's something I wanna leave behind in my life. Some people with the magic power do it. Shinichiro watanabi makes people talk about cowboy funk, samurai hiphop mixed fun, regardless of the year, the age, the culture. Most importantly, aside from the huge success and all the commercial talk, these people are giving us chances for fond memories, something we'd recall with glee years down the road. Or even the next generation, and the next.

No comments: