Saturday, June 23, 2007

I should make Google map my homepage

I was looking through the house rental adverts. I'm completely ignorant of any street name or location in Vancouver and had to consult Google map multiple times, so multiple I feel compelled to make it my homepage from now on. Where is downtown? Why is BC split into several islands? The streets are so well divided they look like my eppendorf tube storage box with miniature squarish wells that mark their own private territories. O well Vancouver, where am I?

I managed to coax a treat from Gang who got her magnificent pay roll this month (and the last as well). We went to the Thai restaurant nearby, ordered special martini and hallmark pineapple fried rice.

(I haven't written in English for so long it feels alien to me! Will let photos speak instead)

The dining table under 6'oclock sun.


The bomb! Grenade! with 5 tiger prawns buried in thick rice topped with meat floss. (5 is an invariable exact number, no more no less)


Desert after dinner. A frozen layer of coconut cream? on top of green jelly. Here is what it looked like in flesh and blood. There were 4 in a plate but you only see two coz we were chewing up the other half.


And after...


Laying back in my chair, watching through the glass as Gang dutifully wrote the bill.


Some photos I took when my family visited Niagara. There's a lovely botanical garden beside the parking lot.


The exact same oily plant we grew in our lab...


Touch-me-not was begging for my gentle caress ^____^


Zhu discovered mutant cherry!!Siamese twins that look like PG (you could venture a guess on what PG stands for).


And I got Jane Hirshfield's 'Given sugar, given salt' for only ONE DOLLAR!!! My excitement was spearing right through my skull when I saw it lying there on top of a stack of stale books. Just lying there as if waiting for me!! Alrite, so here's my superstitious nod to the 'mochi fortune cookie' in the sidebar. It's a stupid enough 'click on me and see which song you should listen to today'. I made up all the predictions myself yet I still fall for it! Jady abused Mochi multipe times a day and I just had to turn a blind eye. I was actually triple clicking him yesterday. Here were the results,

Anywhere - 近阶段有点彷徨
Right on, now is the turning point

A crown - 本周也许会犯下愚蠢的过失,但没有什么严重后果。
Found a chronological mistake in my resume, corrected it and sent back to the company.

High speed special one day - 最近运气很不错!
ONE DOLLAR!

***
Today, mochi said
永遠を駆け抜ける一瞬の僕ら - 朋友感情和睦
=D

No comments: