Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fuzzy Busy

While I was walking on the street today, 'the warm and fuzzy feeling' quote jumped in my mind. Jady, ET! What the heck is that?

I permed my hair. It shouldn't sound shocking but since I didn't change my hairstyle a single bit over the past years it becomes significant. 'For the future' they say. Right now I look like a wild lioness. I told the hairdresser not to curl it too much. Tiny waves will do I requested but well, it never turned out the way I expected. I'm waiting for the mess to tame.

So while my hair was stealthily 'reorganizing' themselves, breaking and making new disulfide bonds between collagen fibres, the hairdresser was kind enough to offer me magazines to kill time. Here's a funny anecdote I read regarding 'the railway track.'

The rail width is 1.453m by standard (or is it 1.452? Sorry, short term memory) except for a few countries like Russia. The reason it's internationally 1.453m-lly set was because of the Brits who made the first train and thereafter everybody followed them. And why do the Brits choose 1.453? They followed the standard of wagons with wheels set apart by that width. So what happens to the wagons? Turned out the wagons are tailored for streets in Roman period. Finally the streets! The Romans made it that width to facilitate war wagons in quick combats. It's just nice for 2 horses to pass through! So the punchline is, 1.453 = the width of 2 horses' asses side by side -.- mystery solved.

Next time you're on a train, remember you're riding on 2 horses' asses.

Booked my flight on Sat, June 30th. Yin ying says 'my end of June is literally end of June'. Still I'm not prepared. Guess I'll never be prepared, the way I'm never prepared for any exam or test. Time is not the key. Why not just plunge right in and see what happens.

And for Rogers/Fido users, a piece of info on changing your phone no if you move to another province. They give you a new number for free. It's only a call away.

1 comment:

Camelye said...

六月结束了,生活就变了~
不知道到那个时候我会怎样。但愿能够继续读书。
凤凰花还没开盛就谢了,连绵不断的雨让原本应该燃烧的生命夭折了。