Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Does it dull your mind?

Lab,to some extent, dulls one part of my brain and sharpens another. I'm not sure if it's a good sign but maybe sometimes, when you concentrate too hard on one thing, you'll sure have to sacrifice something else.

This morning we had our weekly lab meeting. Our prof pushed us newbies pretty hard. Although we haven't even started on our projects yet, he asked us to do a presentation. What is there to present when you have no results to talk about? All we've been doing are the the indispensable basics, and the technical proficiency that comes along with repetitive experimental work will help you get good results eventually. This might be, for now, the primary factor that contributes to the success of the current goal since the ground work is already laid down for us. We've been told the protocols and the assays to try out. ..

<5min break>

Oh man!!! What a sucky day... Gloomy, stupid gloomy.

Just now Sherry popped online and the first thing she said was 'We made a mistake!' and what?? Well frankly I didn't know the fresh bacteria should go to 37 degree oven because I've never done transformation myself before but I was stupid enough to just throw it in the fridge... Tears. I won't see colonies tomorrow morning.

Sheryl - who wants to go to Wonderland with us on Friday?! says:
what a bloody day
sigh,i just realized this while taking shower

ZhU says:
wat reminded u

Sheryl - who wants to go to Wonderland with us on Friday?! says:
i was thinking about what a horrible day i had
well, actually

ZhU says:
dun tell me it's the shower

Sheryl - who wants to go to Wonderland with us on Friday?! says:
i was reheating a soup to kill all the bacteria, so i can store it over night
without putting it in the fridge

ZhU says:
....

Sheryl - who wants to go to Wonderland with us on Friday?! says:
then, i realized our petri dish
......

Where am I? If I keep making nonsense mistakes like that... I'll be speechless myself. Why why why am I so absent-minded T^T

Going to rescue my lovely bacteria tomorrow morning!!

2 comments:

jeremy said...

Isn't being absent-minded a prerequisite for scientific work? ;->

Z said...

Lol good point Jeremy!